Sunday 16 November 2014


I tried to capture the above lighting in my following image. I really love the strong, opposing colours in the lighting - 


I also found an digital artist whose style really appeals to me; Shaun Slade (NUA Graduate) http://www.shaunslade.com/ . He uses large blocky shapes to create his environments:




The loose and painterly style really appeals to the way I paint, and I would love to try to emulate this in my future environment work. I need to get more confident at applying textures to my drawings, as above (and below) they seem very flat.





Here I quickly applied some leaves and glowy rocks to one of the thumbnails. The rocks need serious refinement, but the leaves work very well at providing an alternate source of illumination.

No comments:

Post a Comment