Wednesday 26 November 2014




Some double page spreads from my finished design document. I am really happy with the way this all turned out. The moodboards were quite hastily thrown together in Photoshop, but I redid them by inserting each individual photo in to the InDesign document, and applying a drop shadow to them helped tie them all together. I think the drop shadow links the images to the page. Without it on the textured background, it became too busy, but the shadow separates the two and makes it a lot more visually interesting - even if it is only subtle.

Overall I am very happy with my design document - obviously there are things that I would like to change, such as maybe scrapping the background all together and simply making a clean white document. I also think I possibly did the wrong thing by leaving out an artist study - but there was little to no information on him so I decided to move this to my research document instead. 

I enjoyed the experience of learning to use InDesign as a piece of booklet developing software, although it was hard to begin with as I wasn't aware of many of the features. I particularly found the custom frames to pictures useful, as it allowed a picture to fill any shape without being warped. This allows accurate and easy alignment and a good way to narrow a picture down to a certain aspect without cropping it completely. I will definitely be using InDesign as a tool to develop my BA8 project.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment