Thursday 12 February 2015

I have decided to switch my project up a bit following a discussion with my course leader. It was feeling quite limiting to my art style - as I enjoy painting in very versatile styles.Therefore, we decided to break up one portfolio in to 3 key style genres, and to produce a body of work for each style.

I will still keep my characters and theme of Dante's Inferno the same.


The styles I have chosen to follow are:

- Western Fantasy

Fantasy as portrayed by studios such as Blizzard, Jagex and Riot Games. This will allow me to focus more on shape and silhouette rather than detail - as the games produced by these companies are online, and do not allow for much detail due to their medium.




- Sci Fi

Science Fiction as produced by companies such as BioWare and Bungie. This was my original intention.




- Eastern Horror

 From the style of studios such as Capcom and Konami, this will allow me to explore a more traditional method of drawing and will be good to embody the "grotesque" elements of hell.



I chose these styles as I believe that they show off all of the skills that I have learned over the last 3 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment