Tuesday 19 May 2015

Long time no post. Been feeling very sluggish about my art work for a long time, and have been struggling to keep on track. I must admit, blogging and keeping a recorded journal has not been very high on my list of things to do, so I am taking the opportunity to catch up.

Shortly after deciding to split my project into three separate portfolios, I began to produce paintings and characters with a "World of Warcraft" aesthetic (see previous posts). I ended up with this:

(WOWHUMAN)

and swiftly gave up, after realising that I'd essentially be doing the same work 3 times over, and that wouldn't be good for anyone.

I decided to focus as my project intended, using the inspiration from bondage/armour and helmet forms researched in BA7. I dug out the production bible again and started my pipeline from scratch.... sadly this took a lot longer than I intended. Baby steps were needed to get the project back on track, and I was reduced to producing maybe two sheets of silhouettes per week.

No comments:

Post a Comment