Thursday 4 June 2015

After my crash course in environments (see previous post) I decided to block out some environments on Maya 2015 wit the intention of painting over them. I was really trying out composition, and using something to tie perspective on to (since it's not one of my strong points).












The above renders were for the scene at the start, when Dante and Virgil met in the forest. (The person on the plinth could be exchangeable for Beatrice as well). I lit the scene accordingly.



These were for another level in hell. I liked the giant crystals, as it reminded me of the crystal cavern in Mexico:


And the below renders were for the entrance to hell, keeping consistent with Doré's engraving of the Gates of Hell. 




And then I had fun making textures and ended up with a fabulously 90's computer game:



No comments:

Post a Comment