Thursday 4 June 2015

I liked the fast sketches in the Destiny book, with basic colour overlays:












SO I did a sheet of ways to combine drapery and armour. I noticed that in the book, the developers of Destiny mentioned a cloth : armour ratio depending on what class the player chooses. I liked this idea, and I could incorporate it in to my three main characters:

Dante would have 80% armour, as he is the one that's scared and afraid of his journey.

Virgil would have 50% armour to cloth, as he's settled more and uses his voice and assertiveness more than actual violence (so less armour would be needed).

Beatrice is a very aesthetic character, and she can have 90% cloth as she does not appear in hell, but is still strong willed and a 'defender' of the peace, so a small amount of armouring would aid the design of her character.



I feel that after doing this sheet, it's been hard to stay true to the gothic, bondage-esque style that I incorporated in to my initial design ideas. This will be something to work on as I produce more, possibly uncomfortable and fetishist costumes.





No comments:

Post a Comment