Tuesday 2 June 2015

Some more iterations I did after reading the Destiny book:



These were a lot looser and more successful. I could feel that they were easier to produce and I actually enjoyed making them, rather than the previous ones (where I was just re-drawing the original designs in more and more laborious detail).

Some of the images I produced during this stage were some "final images" which actually weren't final at all. They were made in black and white, had very stretched values, and took me about 10 hours each to do (too long for a piece of concept art) as I constantly went back over areas in even more detail.






Although I've included them in the final book, I actually got quite sick of them after a while, because i'd felt like I'd spent far too long on them and not produced anything along the lines of what I wanted.





Now I look back on them, they aren't terrible at all, and I see them as more of an 'experiment gone wrong' than a failed piece of concept art.

No comments:

Post a Comment